Beloved Flower Lover,
Dragging our feet about the first day back at work tomorrow. Talking to others in the team about the ton of encouraging messages flooded into our various emails for 2018 and wondering, now what?
We thought about all the lies in our head ( you know the shame or guilt about work success) and how loud they were becoming in our heads . e.g. The harder we tried in some areas of our business , the harder things became. We felt shame and guilt because we are the London Flower Lovers, are meant to be upbeat. The truth was sometimes we were not even putting flowers around in our personal space. Finally something snapped. We enjoyed the winter solstice and we decided we needed to run the show.
We had decided to ditch all the ideas which came from fear or desperation and made peace with the current experience of the flower business. and let go of attachment of making more of the business and instead focused on extreme service- like we used to do. The question was slowly being answered about how do we honour ourselves as we approach going to work tomorrow.
Well we love to make ‘our’ customers to feel good. And we notice that when push comes to shove, we lean into encouraging clients into feeling good more than anything. We love making people to feel good. We notice that when we do the self guilt or self shame thing, that we end up disconnecting from the very people we want to serve. And that feeling good becomes forgotten and we just crumple. So what next?
So of course showing up with the right energy is the right thing for us to gently focus on because at the heart of it, we are not high pressure gals.
So what next?
Beating ourselves up!
Feed up of not being turned on……no way.
Our mindset about the bewildering array of techniques out there- was it was just all too much!
So we decided to chuck away our leads. Stop going to intense networking events . To let go of high maintenance clients, (you know the ones, who were only focused on the short term and cheapness ). And then we decided to make a list of all the things we used to shame and guilt ourselves. And after writing it out. BREATHE IT OUT on the EXHALE and BURN the LIST.
We decided to stop hustling…..we were fed up.
Then after listening to lots of good ideas we personally opted on Jeanna Gabellin’s approach on clearing up ones energy. We opened ourselves to the beauty of our flowers again.
She talks a lot about taking a low stress approach to life. To allow a dream of joy. To guide selves using the fuel of joy, rather than forcing yourself into things you do not want to do. To avoid the push yourself through your comfort zone stuff, to let that mentality go completely……mmmmm sounds delicious.
We took her main ideas on. They are:
- Focusing on what the client wants? rather than focusing on getting the client. focusing on servicing them only. There powerful ally to get them to achieve
- Do what we want, rather than what we feel forced to do. In other words focus on joy and love.
- Act like all clients are coming. Act like everything is right. To let go of all the pressure each day. Just being relaxed. This will inspire the good feeling. When you don’t need the client, you step into the feeling of abundance. In the energy of abundance. …. Jeanna we love this!
Feeling better already, seeds of ideas started to flow into our minds with a smile. So the next step before we go into tomorrow is to write up our answers to the next five questions.
- How do we want to feel about ourselves as we interact with clients?
- What do we want to bring forth for our clients?( values, skills)
- What do we have to release? ( any shameful/guilty secret insecurities, like “oh gosh we need to make x amount of money by now”, or “it’s taken this long”, ” its too expensive to live here” , or “we should be better at this by now”, etc)
- Why do our services rock?- write that down
- What’s the best, most fantastical possible outcome?
Feeling good already, this is the energy we carry into tomorrow. The energy we carry before we make any phone call or even touch a flower.
We are ready to move through the next day, next week, next quarter, next year!
This is about the process!
Hope you found something useful in this.
The London Flower Lover