|What’s the best way for a man to make a lasting impression on a woman? It’s not surprising that recent consumer research shows that the answer to making a memorable impact is right under his nose– through flowers. In fact, the study shows that 92% of women can remember the last time they received flowers, and 89% say receiving flowers makes them feel special.
The London Flower Lover
Giving great floral gifts, however, remains a mystery to most men. Well here are a few tips on giving females flowers.
“If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then the pathway to a woman’s heart is through her other senses,” London Flower Lover
“Flowers are a sensual gift that can express any emotion so simply – with just a little knowledge and a phone call to the London Flower Lover or your local florist.”
So how to send just the right message to the woman in your life – a new girlfriend, that special someone, Mum or a good friend.
- The New Treasure. This emotion may be the most difficult for a man to express, so The London Flower Lover provides style advice for the guy who wants to show his new romantic interest exactly how he feels. “A passionate arrangement is filled with hot pinks, oranges, reds and golds. Add a thoughtful card to help communicate just the right sentiment,” says The London Flower Lover.
- The Real Deal. Flowers are intimately – and internationally – linked with the art of romance, and for good reason says The London Flower Lover. “As relationships grow, flowers become symbols of different events and milestones in our lives together. Take note of her favourite flowers – the varieties at your wedding, flowers you sent her when you first started dating or the ones she buys for herself. Those will have great meaning and impact.”
- Leading Ladies. “No woman – especially mums, grandmas and sisters – should live without a little Tender Loving Care (TLC),” says The London Flower Lover. A fabulous flowering plant or a garden-style arrangement with greens and soft pastel hues – no matter what the flower – will send the message that you care.
- The Girl Pal. “Flowers that show you’re thinking of someone, but not in a sensual way, have a natural, just-picked feeling,” says The London Flower Lover. We advise to ask for a selection of garden-style flowers or a bright bold colour palette that is fun and whimsical. A basket with a mix of flowering and green plants delivered to her door or office is also a sure fire winner.
Research shows that 96% of women like to receive flowers when they are not expecting them. “Guys should know that they don’t have to wait for a special occasion to give flowers,” The London Flower Lover says. “Make an occasion by sending flowers to the woman in your life, just because. They’ll never forget it.”
Want to try something new!
The London Flower Lover offers advice for men willing to try something trendy. We suggests these three top design styles that men can ask for with confidence:
- Monobotanic. Arrangements featuring only one type of flower (such as all roses, tulips, lillies or iris) are in style and may even include different colours of the same flower in the vase or container.
- Monochromatic. Pick a colour, any colour and stick with it! If her favourite colour is pink, for example, ask us or your florist for a fresh bouquet of different flowers in the same colour range.
- Bunches of Texture. Ask us or your florist to select complementary flowers of various textures to place in bunches in an elegant glass container. This unique look has a bold, contemporary feel and will surely provide the “wow” factor.
A Gentleman’s Checklist of Things to Remember
- Be Spontaneous. You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to give flowers. In fact, most women say “no reason” is the best reason to get flowers.
- Size Doesn’t Matter. Trust your florist to help you send an arrangement that is appropriate for the occasion. Bouquets both big and small can make a bold statement. It’s the sentiment that makes the impact.
- Score Big Points. Surprise her by sending a bouquet to her office, and see how much attention you’ll get because of the attention she got.
- Relax. Flowers don’t have to mean commitment. Women know when an arrangement simply means that you care. Trust us on that one.
“The most important thing to remember is that you simply cannot go wrong with flowers,” said The London Flower Lover. “We are here to help, but you’ll get all the credit.”
The consumer research cited was conducted in 2005 by The Michael Cohen Group.